Office design is dependent on its type of furniture, which is based on the type of office environment, whether it is an open office, a team office or if it focuses on private spaces. Selection of office type and its furniture is a decisive factor for success in office design. It is an important selection process in the context of a requirement analysis, because every office layout offers different solutions in terms of communication, concentration, flexibility and efficient use of space. A suitable office layout can only occur if planners and users work together to analyze and determine the needs and requirements.
A variety of office equipment & furniture is available today to create the ultimate business environment. The interior of an office should be well designed with a variety of furniture to provide comfort to the employees who spend more than eight to nine hours in an office. The modern furniture has indirectly accelerated the efficiency of the employees by being more comfortable, user friendly as well as collaborative.
Some common types of office furniture are-
· File cabinet
· Loose partition
· Full height storage
· Conference table
· Sofa; formal seating
· Stool; informal seating
The process of furniture buying does not have to be complicated. All it takes is a few guidelines to help you make a wise purchase.
· Before purchasing sofas, one should test its size (if it is fitting comfortably in your space) and comfort. Cushions are best supported by springs. Remove the cushions from the couch and press on the seat. Good sofa springs are going to be firm and placed closely together.
· Furniture can be quite steeply priced. You can often find used furniture that is still in top condition by checking stores, classified ads, and yard sales. Once you get a piece of furniture, you can easily get it reupholstered which will save a great deal of money. (Example; try olx.com for some fabulous deals on used furniture). Other options are local markets rather than showrooms, where you can get great looking furniture with a decent quality at a much cheaper cost. (Example- Banjara market in Gurgaon, Kirti Nagar market is the biggest timber market in Delhi).
· For home office furniture, search for items that can be used for several purposes. One example would be getting an armoire (ornate cabinet) to place a printer and the supplies that go with it. When you aren’t printing, the room seems neat because you are able to close up the armoire, and it looks like part of the room.
· While purchasing chairs, ensure you test them before buying. See if the backrest is adequate, if the seat is gliding up and down easily and foremost if the seat is comfortable.
· You should opt for furniture that is durably constructed. Solid, natural wood is a much more durable material for chests and dressers than fabricated (i.e. pressed) wood. Opt for plywood instead of fiberboard or composite wood backings. Really take your time inspecting the furniture to ensure it is exactly what you want and well built.
Becoming an expert on furniture is not easy. Make good use of the tips you just read the next time you go shopping for furniture. If you do so, you will have better success and be happier with the value of your purchase. Now that you are armed with this valuable information, get out there and find some amazing finds.